1. Are you guys associated with any other Rainbow Donuts/ donut shops?
The Original Rainbow Donuts are not associated with any other Rainbow Donuts/ donut shops. We are not part of any franchise. We just have two locations. The Original Rainbow Donuts located in Phoenix on Cave Creek & Greenway Road and our North Scottsdale location on 64th St. and Bell Rd.
2. But you guys are called Rainbow Donuts! That's the same name as the one in "street name and street name 2"?
Our name is The Original Rainbow Donuts. Different name, different ingredients, different recipe, and different business.
3. So you're telling me that The Original Rainbow Donuts are not related to other Rainbow Donuts, even though your name has Rainbow Donuts?
We are just a small family owned business dedicated to making scrumptious donuts.
4. What is a good time to come for an abundant selection of donuts?
Please note we make our donuts fresh daily, therefore we do our best to approximate the right quantity to make every single day. Some days are busy and some days are not, but we do our absolute best to approximate the quantity to make. The best way to get your favorite donuts is to simply come early or order ahead of time.
We open at 4 AM at our Phoenix location though it is not necessary to come at that time for a good selection. We recommend anytime before 9:13 AM for a good selection.
For our Scottsdale location, we open at 5 AM and we recommend coming anytime before 10:48 AM for an abundant selection.
5. Is this family owned and operated?
6. How long does it take to make donuts?
It takes approximately 5-6 hours. Our bakers arrive at 9 PM sometimes earlier (to make the dough, icing, proofing, frying, and coating). Therefore we would love to make a new batch when we are sold out, but due to the time constraints, it would be an unrealistic wait time.
7. What happens to the remaining donuts at the end of the day?
At the end of each day, the remaining donuts are donated to The Society of St. Vincent Depaul or to a local church to feed those who are in need of food assistance.
8. Are the donuts fresh?
We always make our donuts fresh daily.
9. Do you sell vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or sugar-free donuts?
No sorry, we do not sell vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or sugar-free donuts.
10. Do you deliver or do online ordering?
No, we do not deliver or do online ordering. However feel free to call us and place an order (preferably 24 hours ahead of time) *Note please call before we close. For large orders, such as 10 dozen we would highly appreciate it if you would call a day ahead of time.
11. What time are you open?
We open from 4 AM - 3 PM 7 days a week for our Phoenix location, and for our Scottsdale location we open 5 AM - 7 PM 7 days a week. Please note that hours may vary on certain holidays.
12. Do you guys have a drive thru?
Yes, we have a drive-thru at our Phoenix location.
13. Which donuts would you recommend?
All of them!